Monday, April 25, 2011

Why I like Diigo

I used to keep track - rather lackadaisically - of useful weblinks using Delicious. But I am now totally sold on Diigo instead - and I imported all of my Delicious saves and tags. I have the Diigo bookmarklet in my Chrome browser that makes it easy to save and highlight, share, tag or comment on webpages as I browse. It's so easy to use that I'm keeping track of useful links and documents in a much more systematic fashion than before. I installed another bookmarklet in Safari on my iPad and can do the same from there.

With a Diigo Teacher account you can create and manage student groups. This could turn into a collaborative class or small group project where you have students maintain a set of annotated bookmarks on a single topic or theme. I also joined some groups that looked like useful sources for sharing weblinks related to topics that I'm interested in, and you can choose to receive a daily update notifying you of the groups' new saved links. As with Delicious, Diigo has a "Friending" function that allows you to connect with other users. It's also possible to post directly to a blog from within Diigo - I haven't tried that yet, but there are a host of similar useful tools that one could explore.

Diigo is a great productivity tool. It makes saving information fast and easy, giving you more time to read, reflect, use, share, and create. Try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment